OPHTHALMOLOGY OF TODAY
Ophthalmology was evolved especially the last 10 – 15 years in a parallel way with technology.
Ophthalmology assimilates the technological applications by using them in every day clinical practice. In that way is able to offer rapid and with no pain solutions to the patients.
Contemporary customized medical or surgical therapies are available for cataract, glaucoma, refractive abnormalities, keratoconus, age related macular degeneration.
Deep knowledge of diagnostic, medical, laser, surgical alternatives and the therapeutic protocols are required.
Glaucoma Laser Eye Center of Athens offers the most customized diagnostic and therapeutic approach to the patients.GLAUCOMA LASER EYE CENTER ATHENS OBJECTIVES
GLAUCOMA LASER EYE CENTER of ATHENS in the center of Athens, in Kolonaki Square & Kapsali 1, offers a high quality and clearly personalized medical service in patients with eye problems e.g. cataract, corneal diseases needing or not corneal transplantation, keratoconus, macular disease and refractive abnormalities such as myopia, hyperopia, astigmatism.
Particular emphasis is given to patients suffering from all types of glaucoma since it is a disease, that if not treated properly, can lead to complete loss of vision.
The scientific director of the GLAUCOMA LASER EYE CENTER ATHENS is Professor Kozobolis. He developed and published several new surgical techniques in Glaucoma, Laser, Keratoconus and anterior segment of the eye. EQUIPMENT – GLAUCOMA LASER EYE CENTER ATHENS
Perimetry (control of visual field)
Retinal Nerve Fiber Analyzer – GDx
Optical coherence topography (OCT)
2. Refractive surgery is performed by using the wave light refractive suite
Femtosecond laser FS 200 Wavelight / ALCON
Excimer laser allegretto 500 EX / Wavelight / ALCONEYE MEDICAL SERVICES in GLAUCOMA LASER EYE CENTER OF ATHENS
1. In the Glaucoma Laser Eye Center of Athens a special glaucoma department using the most advanced technology aims at the early diagnosis and a customized treatment of patients suffering from Glaucoma.
2. Cataract is performed by using a high-frequency ultrasound. Femtosecond laser (FS) can be also used during the first steps of the surgical procedure. The cataract lens is replaced by premium Acrylic Intraocular Lenses
3. LASIK is the most known Refractive Surgery Procedure and is performed by using a Femtosecond laser in order to create a thin flap in the cornea followed by the Excimer laser, which sculpts the underlying cornea into a new shape correcting the refractive error.
4. Keratoconus (KC) can be affronted with the application of several techniques of Corneal Crosslinking (CXL) using riboflavin (vit B2) and UV light in order to avoid further deterioration of the vision leading to corneal transplantation. CXL can be combined with additional customized excimer laser treatment or intrastromal corneal ring segments in order to reshape the cornea.
5. Corneal transplantation is a surgical procedure where a damaged or opaque cornea or part of it is replaced by the cornea of a donor.
6. The Department for DRY EYE - OCULAR SURFACE DISEASE aims to affront the dry eye symptoms which may include redness, itchiness, grittiness, stinging, burning, dryness, excessive tearing, blurry vision, increased blinking, mucous discharge and general discomfort. New diagnostic methods and equipment are now available.
7. Age-related macular degeneration, often called AMD or ARMD, is a degeneration of the macula. Diagnosis with OCT and Intraocular injections in the Wet Form of Macular Degeneration are performed in GLAUCOMA LASER EYE CENTER OF ATHENS in order to halt the central visual loss
8. MINI FACE LIFTING (blepharoplasty, disappearance of wrinkles) using the new techniques (PLEXR, NEEDLE SHAPING) with immediate, bladeless, painless offer lasting solutions without the hassle of surgery and anesthesia. PLEXR device uses plasma technology.